Last Updated: July 21th, 2023
- Who we Are:
OpenPitch streamlines finances for founders and optimizes insights for investors. We automate the collection of financial data allowing investment groups to better support their portfolio companies. For founders, our platform offers visibility into crucial metrics, such as runway and burn rate, and assists with creating powerful, efficient investor updates. With OpenPitch, investment groups can become more active growth partners, and founders gain the financial clarity necessary to scale their businesses effectively.
- Information We Collect From You.
We collect information when you use our services, create an account with us, or communicate with us. This information includes:
Identifiers and contact information, such as your and your company’s name, address, email address, IP address, and other similar identifiers;
Account information, including your OpenPitch username, password, account settings and preferences;
Financial information, like your company’s bank transactions, categories, and the financial metrics we calculate (i.e. revenue, funding, runway);
Information about your interaction with our services, like your usage data, preferences, and other interactions.
- Information Collected Automatically.
We automatically collect certain data when you interact with our services. This data assists us in various tasks, such as improving our service, ensuring information and data security, preventing abuse, and analyzing user trends. This includes:
Log Files: Information your browser sends us when you visit our service, like IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, and pages you interact with.
Device and Online Usage: Data about your device and how you use our service, like IP address, device identifiers, browser type and language, operating system, and access times.
Location Information: If you opt in, we can collect your physical location data from various sources when you use our service on your mobile device.
- For more specific information about cookie management and disabling flash cookies (Local Stored Objects), visit the Adobe website.
Remember that this information is important for maintaining the quality and safety of our services and does not involve storing sensitive personal data. Other services we use to collect data include:
- Information We Collect From Third Parties.
Data From Connected Financial Accounts.
- Where you have previously authorized us to access information from your financial accounts with third-party financial institutions via Plaid, we may also collect information about those accounts, including but not limited to the balance, institution type, account type, as well as data related to transactions that have taken place on that account.
Information We Collect From Other Sources.
- We may collect information about you and your company from other sources or individuals. For example, we may collect information you submit to a blog, chat room, or social network. We may also collect information from other companies, clients, organizations, or third-party partners. Additionally, if you choose to log in to our Services using Google, Apple, or another account, we may receive certain profile information about you from your selected provider. Please note that we do not control, and are not responsible for, other uses of your information by these third party providers.
- We may use certain third party analytics services to improve the functionality, features, or delivery of our Service. We may also use these analytics services to record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity, as well as any text that you type into our Service. For example, we use Google Analytics on our Service to track user trends and usage. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of your information as it relates to our Service, please see http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ . By using a browser plugin provided by Google, you can opt out of Google Analytics.
Web Beacons and Similar Tracking Technologies.
- When you visit our Service, we may collect your IP address for certain purposes such as, for example, to monitor the regions from which you navigate our Service. Tracking this information is primarily for security purposes. We may also use web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about your usage of our Service and interaction with emails from us. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you view a particular site tied to the web beacon. We may use web beacons to operate and improve our Service.
- How We Use Your Personal Information
We utilize the information we collect for multiple purposes related to our Service and our operations:
Service Provision and Improvement: To operate, analyze, manage, enhance, and personalize our Service.
Service Access and Updates: To provide you with access to our Service and information, along with any product or order fulfillment. We may also send you updates and promotional materials about our Service.
Business Analytics: To analyze your business's financial behavior, provide you with summaries, reports, or trends, and share this information with your investors. This aids your understanding and management of financial metrics like runway and burn rate, and equips your investors with vital data to better support you.
Communication: To contact you regarding the Service, notifications, events, programs, or offerings.
Marketing: To advertise or market our services to you, including delivering direct mail, email, mobile messages, social media notifications, and other electronic marketing communications. We aim to provide personalized or interest-based advertising to you.
Research and Analytics: To conduct market research and analytics to improve our Service.
Billing: To bill you for the use of our Service.
Fraud Prevention: To prevent fraudulent activity and enhance the security of our Service.
Legal Compliance: To comply with applicable law, assist law enforcement, and to respond to regulatory or other legal inquiries.
Technical Security: To protect our rights or our property and ensure the technical functionality and security of our Service.
- How We Share Or Disclose Your Information
We do not share your information outside of OpenPitch with the following exceptions:
Our Third Party Service Providers.
- We transfer information to our third party service providers who assist us in providing our Services. For example, core functions such as hosting, marketing, technical support, data storage, and security.
- When you are invited by an investment group to use our Services and join their portfolio, we provide your business and related financial information to the respective investment group. We do not share individual transaction data from your linked business bank account with the investment group, only high-level metrics. Once your information is shared with the investment group, OpenPitch does not have control over their use of the data.
Aggregated or Deidentified Information.
- To better serve our users, business partners, and to improve our Service, we may conduct research on user demographics, interests and behavior or engage in other activities based on identifiable personal information and/or information that we aggregate or de-identify. Aggregated or de-identified information is not considered personal information and does not identify a user personally. We may share this aggregated or de-identified information on our website or other channels for marketing purposes and with our affiliates, business partners, and/or other third parties.
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Change of Control.
We reserve the right to retain any information as long as it is needed to: (i) fulfill the purposes for which we collected the information, and (ii) comply with applicable law.
We do not delete information about your company (including your personal information) when you close your account. We will designate that your account has been closed, but we may retain your information (including your company information) for a variety of purposes, including complying with legal obligations, backups and archives, analytics and fraud and abuse prevention.
- Data Security.
We take the protection of your information seriously and take reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative, and technical measures to protect the information collected through our Service. While we implement commercially reasonable security measures to protect your privacy, please keep in mind that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication, and we cannot guarantee that the information collected about you will always remain private when using our Sites, App and/or Services. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
- Children's Privacy.
Our Service is not intended for or directed to individuals under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. When a user discloses personal information on our Service, the user is representing to us that he or she is at least eighteen (18) years of age.
If you are under 18 and a registered user, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our website or other online services. Note that fulfillment of the request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user).
- Links To Other Sites
- Location-Based Services
- Social Media, Ads, and Plug-Ins.
- California Shine The Light Law.
If you are a California resident, you may request that we provide you with certain information about the entities with which we have shared your personal information for the entities own direct marking purposes during the preceding calendar year. To do so, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contacting Us.